TashaLu

TashaLu
A love of my life!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 8: When I think of children...

If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves. ~C.G. Jung, Integration of the Personality, 1939
During my final presentation for my BA in Human Development, I ended with this quote from Jung. I found it motivational and timeless, two adjectives which are sometimes difficult to come by when thinking about the human condition of our youngsters these days. I believe that anyone who aims to be a significant person in a child's life, whether it be for a minute or a decade should be very self aware. Every child deserves the best possible start to life and hopefully they will follow in our footsteps trying to make the world a better place for everyone.

This week marks the end of the Early Childhood Development class with Walden. It has been a great course with a TON of information that I will keep, use, and share in my professional life as well as personally.

To my fellow classmates and colleagues, I extend my thanks and good luck to you during the rest of your Walden Journey. I know we will continue to learn from each other and gain insight from each other's professional experiences as well as personal expertise when it comes to the topic of children and childhood. I especially thank those classmates who's parenting point of views have been so positively expressed in their posts and discussions. Not being a mother yet myself, it is always interesting and educational to learn your thoughts on various topics!

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa,

    I love this quote on introspection of ourselves before we change something in someone else. As a parent so many times I want my sons to do what mommy would do. However I often have to remind myself that they are their own people with their individual thoughts. It is my job as a parent and even as an educator to give the necessary support for them to develop positively. I have enjoyed the incites you shared through your blog and the classroom. Good luck as you continue your journey.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete