TashaLu

TashaLu
A love of my life!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week 8: Professional Hopes and Goals

Perspectives on Diversity and Equity EDUC 6164 is wrapping up this week...It has been an interesting and revealing 8 weeks!
One hope that I have when I think of working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that they know that I care about learning about them as people and their significance as members of our community. I hope that they recognize that I am not “just another” social service worker, but a stakeholder in their success as well as in my own journey as a professional in the child welfare system.
I challenge the field of early childhood/child welfare  to be more welcoming and encouraging to male professionals. So many children and families I have observed and worked with over the years would benefit from positive, male role models. Additionally, I think that in this field, because it is predominantly a female profession, the male perspectives regarding working with children and families is lacking. Concerning diversity, equity, and social justice men have significant points of view and they should be incorporated into the good, necessary work we do.
I would like to thank my colleagues and fellow classmates for stimulating my mind when it comes to offering their perspectives on diversity, equity, and social justice. Additionally, thank you for your comments to my posts and hope that you have enjoyed reading my point of view as I have yours!

Good luck to us all as we continue our Walden University journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment